The K-2 is the proud asset of Pakistan. Rising to the frightening height of 28,250 feet (8,611 meters) like a pyramid, K-2 is located near the Baltoro Glacier in the extreme north of Baltistan (The little Tibet) just on Sino-Pakistan border. In fact the boundary between the two countries passes the K2.
The peak achieved great prominence not only because of the fact that its is the world’s second highest peak but also because of the record of many successive attempts made by the mountaineers from various part of the world, for its conquest. To reach its base camp one has to cross the thrilling and adventurer’s hazards of Baltoro performable only in stages and of course needing determination .
|Departure/Return Location||Benazir Bhutto International Airport, Islamabad|
|Departure Time: 13 June-05 August- 2017||Mountain Range: Karakoram|
|Elevation: 8611 m||Best Time: Mid-May to End-August|
|Duration: 51 Days||Zone: Permitted|
Day 01: Arrival Islamabad
Arrival at airport and then transfer to hotel. Overnight stay in hotel at Islamabad.
Day 02: Islamabad to Skardu (By Air)
Early morning flight to Skardu (flights are subject to weather), if unable to fly we will depart for Skardu by road with overnight stay at Chilas. Overnight stay in hotel at Skardu.
Day 03: Chilas to Skardu
In case of flight has operated we will go for sightseeing tour of Skardu and in case no flight, the day will be used for over land travel from Chilas to Skardu (total drive is 22 – 24 hrs from Islamabad to Skardu). Overnight stay in hotel at Skardu.
Day 04: Rest day at Skardu
Sight seen in Skardu final packing for the Expedition.
Day 05: Skardu to Askole
After breakfast we will embark jeeps for a full day ride on a winding jeep trail to Askole – The last inhabitance on our way to the Great Glaciers. (Tent)
Day 06: Askole to Jhula
Trek to the Dumurdo river cross at Jhula, (Jhula means wire Rope-Bridge supported by a wooden basket); now a day wooden bridge has been built to cross it. (Tent)
Day 07: Jhula to Paiju
We will resume trek along the BralduRiver to a green oasis under the shadows of Paiju Peak 6611 M. (Tent)
Day 08: Rest Day at Paiju
Rest & acclimatization day at Paiju.(Tent)
Day 09: Paiju to Urdukas
Begin trek after an early breakfast. (Tent)
Day 10: Urdukas to Goro II
A long walk on the icy Baltoro Glacier. (Tent)
Day 11: Goro II to Concordia
After an early breakfast, we will resume a long walk on the Baltoro Glacier to a point called Concordia – a huge junction of Baltoro, Abruzzi & Godwin Austin Glaciers at 4000 meters.(Tent)
Day 12: Concordia to K2 Base camp
After Breakfast then trek to K-2 Base camp (Tent)
Day 13 to 42: Climbing Activities
Climbing activities (Tent)
Day 43: K2 Base camp to Ali Camp
After an early breakfast we will leave the K2 base camp for Ali Camp. (Tent)
Day 44: Ali Camp – Cross Gondogoro Pass – Khuspang
A very early start as early as 2 or 3 O’clock in the morning to cross the Gondogoro la to reach Khuspang.(Tent)
Day 45: Khuspang to Shaicho
After a couple of minutes of easy walk we will come onto the glacier. We will pick our way across moving boulders and ice, and finally crossing the glacier up to the camping site we will reach Shaicho. Walk: 06 – 07 hrs, Grade: Easy, Altitude: 3800 m.(Tent)
Day 46: Shaicho to Hushe
After breakfast we will continue walk along the Hushe River on an easy path. Upon arrival in Hushe we will camp near the fields in Hushe village.(Tent)
Day 47: Hushe to Skardu
After breakfast we will embark jeeps for a full day ride on a winding jeep road to Skardu. Upon arrival transfer to hotel and check in.Overnight stay in hotel at Skardu.
Day 48: Skardu to Chilas
Early morning drive for Chilas. On arrival transfer to hotel and check in.Overnight stay in hotel at Chilas.
Day 49: Chilas to Islamabad
After breakfast we will depart for Islamabad via babusar pass. On arrival transfer to hotel, overnight stay in hotel at Islamabad.
Day 50: Islamabad
We will proceed for de-briefing at Alpine Club in Islamabad. Afternoon, we will go for city tour of Islamabad. Overnight stay in hotel at Islamabad.
Day 51: Islamabad to Flight out
Transfer to airport for flight back home.
Please Note: Gilgit Baltistan flights are subject to weather and backlog, in case of flight cancellation we will travel by road, and one night of Islamabad will be adjusted in overland travel.
Cost: 9000 USD per head
Services included as following
- Peak Royalty fees
- Pollution fees
- Environment bank Guarantee US$ 1000/- (US Dollars one thousand on environment bank guarantee behalf of expedition leader will be provide by the company.
- 03 nights hotel in Islamabad (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)
- 01 nights in Panorama hotel Chilas (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)
- 03 nights in Skardu (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)
- As per itinerary
- Pick up from group when arrive and drop to airport when group Departure Air-condition van from Islamabad – Islamabad
- Flight tickets Islamabad-Skardu
- Arrange transport on briefing and debriefing occasion
- Sightseeing the capital city of Islamabad
4 x 4 Jeeps:
Jeeps from Skardu-Askoli-Hushe-Skardu
Trekking and Base camp Food:
Food (during the stay at base camp (we will serve breakfast, lunch and Dinner)
Carry on member personal climbing gears, foods stuffs and camping crew etc up to Base camp and return back to jeep road head. All porters insurance
Staffs: Liaison officer insurance and his arrangement Guide / Cook and assistance cook wages, camp food, transport and their insurance
Mess tent, kitchen tent, toilet tent mattress, chairs, Tables
Complete brand new kitchen utensils (crockery)
- Tips for baggage handling at airport & at hotels
- Fess: (Bridge crossing, cable crossing, camping)
- International flights tickets re-confirmations
- Custom clearing assistance
Services not included in given price
- Member international flight tickets
- Helicopter emergency rescue fees Members any climbing gears
- Member personal insurance
- High altitude tent
- High altitude food
- High altitude porter
- Sleeping bag and all personal expenses such as telephone calls, fax, email charges, liquor or soft drinks,
- Room service, gratuities for personal services, items of a purely personal nature
- Custom clearing charges (import and export of equipment’s)
- EPI gas and oxygen cylinder
- Any unforeseen expenses (just like road block extra hotel stay or if members stay more days at Base Camp) then members will be pay according to the numbers of days bases.
- Mode of Payment:-Advance Payment: 20%
-Installment schedule can be finalized with individual Gondogoro Trek & Tours on request
-Last date of full payment: at the time of departureFor Online deposits:Account: Gondogoro Trek & Tours
A/c #: 1003911530
Branch Code: 0211
Bank Alfalah Skardu Branch(Please leave an SMS afterwards or Efirstname.lastname@example.org@gmail.com)