Shipton Spire is an awesome peak in the Trango valley. Three miles across the Trango Glacier and just above the confluence of the North and South Hainablak glaciers was the elusive Shipton Spire. It rises out of the ice without hesitation; its walls looked fierce and steep.
It wasn’t until the summer of 1996 that a strong North American/Australian team finally conquered Shipton Spire 5900m. In 1995 Ryuji Taniguchi, the solo Japanese climber perished in a massive rock fall while attempting the wall. His haul bag was still 13 pitches up.
And in 1997 Jared Ogred and Mark Synnott made a New Route, Ship of Fools on Shipton Spire. Since then many climbers from around the world including Cecilia, Nan Darkis, Lizzy Scully, Charles Boyd, Greg Child, Greg Foweraker tried their luck on this rock tower and a few like Fabio Dandri who makes the Women and Chalk route and Jared Ogred and Mark Synnott who makes the Ship of Fools route got success.
The climbing is hard. A long unprotected traverse across mixed ground over the north face led to a steep section of crumbling rock with the consistency of kitty litter.
Shipton Spire stands two hours walk from Trango Towers Group on Upper Trango Glacier. A 29 pitch, 4,400 foot big-wall with the pitch rated 6c, 7b and 7b+ that is certainly offer best technical climb you ever have
|Departure/Return Location||Benazir Bhutto International Airport, Islamabad|
|Departure Time||Mountain Range: Karakoram|
|Elevation: 5900 m||Best Time: Mid-May to End-August|
|Duration: Days||Zone: Permitted|
Contact us for further inquiry at email@example.com.
01: Arrival Islamabad
02: Islamabad to Skardu (By Air)
03: Chilas to Skardu
04: Rest day at Skardu
05: Skardu to Askole
06: Askole to Jhula
07: Jhula to Paiju
08: Rest Day at Paiju
Please Note: Gilgit Baltistan flights are subject to weather and backlog, in case of flight cancellation we will travel by road, and one night of Islamabad will be adjusted in overland travel.
Services included as following
- Peak Royalty fees
- 4 nights hotel in Islamabad (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)
- 01 nights in Panorama hotel Chilas (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)
- 03 nights in Skardu (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)
- As per itinerary
- Pick up from group when arrive and drop to airport when group Departure Air-condition van from Islamabad – Skardu
- Flight tickets Islamabad- Skardu
- Arrange transport on briefing and debriefing occasion
- Sightseeing the capital city of Islamabad
4 X4 Jeeps:
Jeeps from Skardu – Arandu- Skardu
Trekking and Base camp Food:
Food (during the stay at base camp (we will serve breakfast, lunch and Dinner)
Carry on member personal climbing gears, foods stuffs and camping crew etc up to Base camp and return back to jeep road head. All porters insurance
Staffs: Guide ,Cook and assistance cook wages, camp food, transport and their insurance
Mess tent, kitchen tent, toilet tent mattress, chairs, Tables
Complete brand new kitchen utensils (crockery)
- Tips for baggage handling at airport & at hotels
- Fess: (Bridge crossing, cable crossing, camping)
- International flights tickets re-confirmations
- Custom clearing assistance
Services not included in given price
- Member international flight tickets
- Helicopter emergency rescue fees Members any climbing gears
- Member personal insurance
- High altitude tent
- High altitude food
- High altitude porter
- Sleeping bag and all personal expenses such as telephone calls, fax, email charges, liquor or soft drinks,
- Room service, gratuities for personal services, items of a purely personal nature
- Custom clearing charges (import and export of equipment’s)
- EPI gas and oxygen cylinder
- Any unforeseen expenses (just like road block extra hotel stay or if members stay more days at Base Camp) then members will be pay according to the numbers of days bases.