This is a chain of peaks (Main) at 7,708m/25,288ft, is the highest peak in whole of the Hindukush range. The nearby glacier also has the same name (Tirich). The other nearby glaciers are North Barum, upper and lower Tirichs.
The traditional route to the peak passes through Chitral – Reshun and Khosht-Drassan- Zani pass- Shagram and Shaikh Naik. There is also a shorter route to the peak. After a two-hour jeep drive on Chitral-Mastuj road one has to take a direct route from Perpish to Barum village and then through the glacier of the same name (Barum) to the peak. This route is, however, recommended for those who have already acclimatized themselves with high-altitude-climbing; otherwise there is a great danger of high altitude sickness.
Tirich Mir Main Peak was climbed for the first time in 1950 by a Norwegian expedition led by Arne Naess. The other members of the expedition included P. Kvern Berg and H. Berg.
The expedition was also accompanied by Professor Hameed Beg of the Karakoram Club (Pakistan) who reached an altitude of over 6,096m/20,000ft quite a feat in those times. Captain Tony Streather of Chitral Scouts tagged along with the expedition from Drosh and eventually climbed Tirich Mir. Kvernberg was also on the top of the peak.
The first major attempt by Pakistanis was the Karakoram Club’s expedition to Tirich Mir in 1951. The expedition was led by Mian Abdul Rauf and consisted of Daud Beg, Arshad Munir and Captain Shaukat Malik. It set up three advance camps and reached 6,553m/21,500ft before abandoning the attempt due to shortage of supplies.
|Departure/Return Location||Benazir Bhutto International Airport, Islamabad|
|Departure Time||Mountain Range: Hindukash|
|Elevation: 7,708m||Best Time: Mid-May to End-August|
|Duration: 40 Days||Zone: Permit needed|
Please contact us for further inquiry at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Services included as following
- Peak Royalty fees
- Pollution fees
- Liaison officer Liaison officer kit payment Liaison officer daily travel allowance
- Environment bank Guarantee US$ 1000/- (US Dollars one thousand on environment bank guarantee behalf of expedition leader will be provide by the company.
- 4 nights hotel in Islamabad (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)
- 02 nights in Chitral (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)
- As per itinerary
- Pick up from group when arrive and drop to airport when group Departure Air-condition van from Islamabad – Chitral
- Flight tickets Islamabad-Chitral
- Arrange transport on briefing and debriefing occasion
- Sightseeing the capital city of Islamabad
4 X4 Jeeps:
Back to Chilas
Trekking and Base camp Food:
Food (during the stay at base camp (we will serve breakfast, lunch and Dinner)
Carry on member personal climbing gears, foods stuffs and camping crew etc up to Base camp and return back to jeep road head. All porters insurance
Staffs: Liaison officer insurance and his arrangement Guide / Cook and assistance cook wages, camp food, transport and their insurance
Mess tent, kitchen tent, toilet tent mattress, chairs, Tables
Complete brand new kitchen utensils (crockery)
- Tips for baggage handling at airport & at hotels
- Fess: (Bridge crossing, cable crossing, camping)
- International flights tickets re-confirmations
- Custom clearing assistance
Services not included in given price
- Member international flight tickets
- Helicopter emergency rescue fees Members any climbing gears
- Member personal insurance
- High altitude tent
- High altitude food
- High altitude porter
- Sleeping bag and all personal expenses such as telephone calls, fax, email charges, liquor or soft drinks,
- Room service, gratuities for personal services, items of a purely personal nature
- Custom clearing charges (import and export of equipment’s)
- EPI gas and oxygen cylinder
- Any unforeseen expenses (just like road block extra hotel stay or if members stay more days at Base Camp) then members will be pay according to the numbers of days bases.